Friday, December 5, 2008

Festivities



We enjoyed a quiet and humble Thanksgiving meal at home. Trev had to work that day, but I wanted to make it special. I cooked a turkey, stuffing, and various vegetables. We ate lots and lots and had plenty of leftovers! I must say, although we do not have Thanksgiving in England, it is a celebration that I enjoy and respect. It seems to be traditionally a time for family, food, and counting our blessings. Who can find fault with that?!

A couple of days ago we put up our Christmas tree. We wanted to be able to enjoy it for a couple of weeks before we go to England for Christmas. Getting the ornaments on the tree was a challenge, since Luke was pulling them off as quickly as we could put them on, but since that night he has more or less left the tree alone, and only pulled it over once. I think it gave him enough of a scare to keep him away! I'm trying to add to our collection each year with at least a couple of handmade ornaments. This year I bought some ready-to-finish plaster shapes for us to paint. But then I got impatient waiting for Trev to have a free evening, and painted them myself. He didn't seem to mind too much.


4 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Awesome Sian!! You're such an awesome mommy and wife!!

Saxon said...

It seems to be traditionally a time for family, food, and counting our blessings. Who can find fault with that?! not me for one :-)

Hayley said...

Sian you're so crafty - although I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when I know your Mum!
Glad you had a good Thanksgiving - it's a shame Trevor had to work though xx

Lesley-Ann said...

We are excited to see you soon have a safe trip x