Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Our life. (kind of boring post-sorry!)

Well, it's week four of the semester and we are starting to get into a groove, a routine, a comfortable-ness. Trev is pretty much never here, and when he is he is always working on assignments for school (or watching wrestling videos on Youtube, I can't nag at him for it though, I spend so much time reading blogs and 'researching' on the crafty sites and such. If he wants to waste his free time on watching men roll around on the floor in Spandex outfits, that's his choice.) Anyway...

He is doing well so far and enjoying most of his classes. He has a cool one where they read autobiographies. He even has to write a short one of his own. Why can't I be taking that class? It sounds like lots of fun.

The kids and I hang out all day. The kids play while I do stuff in the kitchen. We go outside in the morning, for a little play on the swings or sometimes we go grocery shopping or -occasionally- fabric shopping :-) Then we play together inside, take naps, have lunch, and then it's back outside again. Come in, do laundry and housework, then it's time for dinner. I usually just feed Luke at this point, 'cos I like to wait until Trev gets home from work, so we can eat together. I also give Lainey her 'solid' meal of the day. Bath both the kids, get pyjamas on, and finally, BEDTIME! I cook dinner for us, Trev gets home at 8, we eat, then Trev gets on with his homework and I sew/craft/leave the dishes for tomorrow morning.

This is probably the hardest semester so far. But we're getting through. I sometimes wish I could be the one going to university, but really I know I am the lucky one, because I get to spend my days with my two sweet babies. I love my darlings so much. They bring me joy every day.

Lainey can crawl! It's hard to believe how she is growing up so fast. It's fun to see but sad too. Life just goes by...I suppose the trick is to enjoy every moment and not waste a second. That's what I've got to try to do.

3 comments:

The Obergs said...

Holy Smokes! Lainey is crawling! I can't imagine Hazel crawling in a few weeks. I mean, I guess she very well could, but these babies are still supposed to be our little newborns right!?

Debs said...

I'd love to see some photos of some of your craft projects...blog for us please!x x x

JNHWJBlack said...

What is it with guys, wrestling and Youtube? It drives me nuts, Joe does that too! Good luck getting through this semester. I've discovered I see less of Joe now that he's a teacher than I did as a student. But he didn't work as much as Trevor so it should be better for you guys. Good luck!