Friday, June 13, 2008

It's all in a day's (and night's) work

Yesterday, I had an interview for a job at a large supermarket. It was the weirdest interview I've ever had. I think that the two male interviewers were surprised to have found an applicant who still had all her teeth and could form a meaningful sentence. They offered me a job in the produce department, looking after the fruits and vegetables. Not being one to say 'no', I accepted, and will soon start working there, from 11pm to 8am, 5 days (well, nights really) a week. So that's that.

One thing I found interesting was that one of the interviewing dudes mentioned that fruits and veg are regarded as luxury goods. Hmmm. Maybe it's my childhood memories of wandering through Loughborough market hearing 'Bananas! 5lbs for a pound!' and seeing people exchanging a five pound note for a massive crate of apples. To me, fruits and veggies are not luxuries- they are dietary staples. Admittedly, often times they're expensive dietary staples- but still!

Yesterday I placed Luke on the floor, and he did his backwards crawley thing, until the desk got in his way. Video coming up...


Trev is working hard as ever. We will see each other a lot less over the next few months. *Sniff*

2 comments:

Saxon said...

I wouldn't consider Fruit and Veg luxury items either.

And that video is so sweet

Hayley said...

I'm glad I found your blog! I've been doing one for a while and they're such a great way of keeping in touch! Hope things are going well for you all. xx