Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our English Christmas


We flew to England for Christmas. This was my first time being home for two years, and our first trip as a family. We were really excited! The flights went quite smoothly, and Luke was as good as gold.

Walking around my home village, in the typical wet English weather! It sounds funny, but I was hoping for rain, after being in the Utah desert for a couple of years, you do miss it!

We met our nephew, Nathan, for the first time. He's even cuter than he looks in the photos, and just adorable. Luke enjoyed stroking his cousin's head :-)


Here's Nathan on Christmas morning. What a sweetie!

We enjoyed a lovely mum-cooked Christmas dinner of turkey and all the extras. It was delicious! I wish I could have eaten more but the heartburn is getting me big time this pregnancy.


Of course, everyone made a big fuss of Luke, much to his delight :-) I loved watching him interact with my family. He really is quite a friendly and confident little boy most of the time. I know that he had lots of fun and hope that he will retain some kind of memory of them all, at least until he sees them again.
We had a wonderful trip and the only problem was that the time went too quickly. We hope we can go back soon!

4 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Luke is such a cutie! What fun pictures!

Debs said...

I loved seeing the photos of Luke with all your family members too!! Your time here did fly by. Hope you are well and good luck with the remainder of the pregnancy x x

Hayley said...

Looks like a lovely Christmas! It must have been great all being together! Your family are so cute xx

Jessica said...

I am thrilled that you got to go home! I miss the English christmas traditions, especially the food.
Luke looks like such a sweetie.
To help Jack remeber my family I made a little kiddie photo album and have pictures of them on the fridge and he loves to point to them and say their names.