Friday, July 24, 2009

This and that

Here are a few things we've been doing over the last couple of weeks.

Lainey has been working on a new skill. She hasn't mastered it completely, but she gets better every day. Of course it'll be a while before I'll be able to leave her sitting unattended- her big brother does like to sabotage her attempts at independence!

I just love my little girl!



Luke had his first go at painting. It took quite a while for him to grasp the idea that he was supposed to paint the paper instead of himself. I'm just glad I had the foresight to strip him down to his nappy first :-) I think we'll make this a regular activity.



Isn't this just mischief personified?!


We finally made it to one of our Stake's softball tournament evenings. Trev's friend Cade and his wife organise the event each week, so it was fun to go and support them.




I just like this picture of Lainey after she took her bath the other night.

Trevor's sister and brother-in-law, Katie and Jared, came to stay for a couple of days. They have a little boy, Quigley. It was fun to get together and we had a fun afternoon at the park, with a little picnic. I love picnics. I remember when my family used to go on picnics when we were younger. We always had cool food for picnics, and there was always extra stuff like hard-boiled eggs and sausage rolls. Plus there is just something special about eating outside.




2 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Look at those big beautiful blue eyes!!! WOW! I love all the pictures, looks like you're having a great summer!

Debs said...

What gorgeous kids! Yes, those blue eyes are so striking. Looks like you are having fun x x x