Thursday, July 30, 2009

Camping

We finally had our first camping-as-a-family-of-four experience. It was fun. We camped on the ranch, on one of the meadows that is quite close to the houses, just in case. Trev's parents, and several of his siblings were camping out too. We camped for two nights.





Our tent is tiny. (see pic below- ours is the little red one) But how much room do you really need for sleeping, anyway? Probably a tinsy bit more than we had, but we all slept fine.



Here's Trev with our nephew, Taven. The babies sure seem to have a thing for his chest hair.


There was plenty of delicious food to eat. Luke kept on going back to the grapes :-)



Lainey and her little rug-buddy Taven. The babies were really so good, I was quite amazed. I think that even the little ones like to be outside, and there's always plenty going on to look at.






Trev's youngest siblings, Annie, Jessie and Zack. To be fair to them, I did take this picture first thing in the morning.

The yummy dutch-oven peach cobbler made by Trev's dad, Kelly. It really tasted delicious.


Whereas Luke is happy with just a simple tomato.


It's a shame the summer is drawing to a close, so there won't be many more trips like this. But when they do happen, they really are fun. I just love to relax with my little family, enjoy good company, great food and beautiful surroundings. That's when life feels complete.

3 comments:

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

I HATE that summer is almost over- please don't remind me! I LOVE camping too! I'm glad you guys had fun! You have the cutest little kiddies!

Debs said...

What fun! Glad you are all well and enjoying the summer x

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Dutch oven cobbler is the BEST!!! What a fun trip!