Sunday, November 29, 2009

Recent occurences

Obviously we had Thanksgiving a few day ago, which will be a separate post, but I just thought I'd do a little update of other things that have been going on.

A few weeks ago, my friend Liz offered to take some photos of the children. She has a nice camera and has been taking a photography course, so she said it would be good practice. It was such a kind offer, and I decided to go for it. We arrived at her house at the agreed time, and she began by taking a few pictures of Lainey. Well, that turned out to be the easy part, because Luke just would NOT cooperate. First he cried, then he got a runny nose. The he wanted to play with various different toys. We did manage to get a couple of half decent ones, but nothing like a smile from him. Never work with kids or animals, I tell ya.

So, I decided to try taking some at home, in his 'natural habitat', if you will. And some outside. And it soon became clear why I am not a photographer...



So I ended up going with one of Liz's pictures for our Christmas cards. She did a wonderful job with the photography- it was the model causing problems!
A few weeks ago, Trev and I attended our very first football (American football, that is) game. We watched Utah State get completely thrashed by Boise State. To be fair to USU, Boise are the 6th ranking team in the country. I think the final score was something like 52-21.
Even though it was quite cold, we had lots of fun, and decided to try to attend several games next season.
Here's Trev with his brother Caleb


And here's us, this was towards the beginning when the score was even so we were still in a good mood.


Well, that's some of what we've been doing in the last few weeks. Only a few more weeks until Christmas, this year is rolling by!

1 comment:

Lesley-Ann said...

It is good to catch up and see what you are up to. I hope you had fun with your Mum when she was over. Your children are adorable. We are love spending time with our family especially Josh and Rachael and excited to see Jess, Ben & Jack at Christmas.