Sunday, November 8, 2009

Two beautiful kids + an autumn day = recipe for perfection :-)

I really just want to do a post about my babies just for the sake of it. 'Cos, you know, I love 'em. I spend so much time with these two and yet I cannot get enough of them. When Luke's nap runs a bit longer, as it sometimes does, I seriously miss him. And Lainey- I could just cuddle her all day long!



They're pretty much my shadows, and I love it that way. It's a challenge sometimes, like when Luke wants to be my shadow in the kitchen, grabbing everything the moment I put it down. But as I try to be the mother they deserve, I realise that they are my teachers. In developing the qualities that I need to be a good parent, I'm becoming more like the person I want to be. I am nowhere near the end yet, and I am lacking in so much, but I pray that I will allow myself to be shaped into a more patient, loving, happy and beautiful figure.



A little about Luke :-

Luke is a typical, energetic, happy toddler of almost two years old. He is helpful and so much fun to be around. He loves to be outside, swinging, sliding, climbing and collecting sticks and rocks. He is also a book-lover and tends to gravitate towards those with animals and vehicles. Alarmingly, he has recently developed a love for knives and scissors, but he's usually obedient when we ask him to put them back.

He is learning new words all the time. The most frequently said words at the moment are- dinosaur, thank you, cracker, pig, egg, hello, and, of course, car. Luke is a daddy's boy. He is a joy.




Now, Lainey :-

Lainey is just a sweetheart, there's no other word for it. She's a happy little thing who is always ready with a smile. She's quite a mama's girl, which I love! She loves to watch what Luke is up to and often tries to join in.

She has mastered the art of speed-crawling, and loves to pull up on the furniture and stand. She seems to be quite brave and has been toughened up by Luke's endless tormenting.

She still loves her bottle and pretty much only her bottle. She eats teeny amounts of baby food but she really loves her milk. I'm going to have to work with her on that! Oh how I love her!






I know I'm biased, but I really do feel so lucky to be the mum of these two munchkins.

1 comment:

JNHWJBlack said...

What a sweet blog. I miss it up there so much! Your kids are growing too fast like mine. It was refreshing to hear you feel like you can't get enough of your kids. Sometimes I feel the oppostite and then when I think of being a working mom or something I panic and think, I can't leave my babies! I don't want to miss a moment. It's great to hear that reminder.