Monday, January 18, 2010

Luke is two!

It is a little sad that Luke's birthday is so close to Christmas. He was born on the 22nd of December, therefore his birthday lives in the shadows of Christmas. However, we do our best to celebrate it and give him a special day. This year we were at the ranch, so we had a little party!

Luke loved opening his presents. Daddy and Mummy gave him a box of blocks, a potty, a motorcycle toy, and a Wonderpets painting book. He loves the Wonderpets- a TV program about a guinea pig, a turtle, and a duck with a speech impediment.




The birthday boy was lucky enough to receive some cars, dinosaurs, books and clothes from his grandparents, aunts and uncles.
Cousin Quigley arrived in the evening, and the two boys played happily together with Luke's new blocks.


A couple of days before Luke's birthday, Trevor and I both came down with a stomach bug. This meant that I didn't get everything done that I had planned for Luke's special day (including finishing his quilt). But I did manage to put together a birthday t-shirt for him-



I bought a red t-shirt and had some fabric with 'peace signs' on it. I cut out one of the hands, and performed surgery on the fingers so that they were closer together. It was supposed to look like a hand saying 'two'. Not quite as successful as I hoped, but never mind.
The cake was decorated with stars and some purchased letters. It was my first time using fondant icing and I must say I am happy with it. The cake inside was blue, but we didn't get a photo of that.



We can't believe that two years have passed since Luke joined our family. The time has gone by very fast and we have watched him grow from a tiny newborn into a clever and confident little
boy. Oh Luke, we're so happy to have you in our family and we love you very much!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Luke is such a big boy now! I can't believe it's been two years, and Lainey is beyond adorable too. I think the shirt turned out great! And I'm very impressed at the fondant cake too -- you amaze me :)

Debs said...

Yes - that cake looked amamzing Sian! Wow - a two year old, they grow up so quickly x