Monday, September 29, 2008

I love, love, love autumn!

Oh how I love this time of year! The leaves are changing colour, the weather is getting cooler (finally!) and the future months are filled with exciting things to look forward to. Usually, I see my birthday at the end of September as a marker for the beginning of this wonderful season. This year, I had the special treat of having my mum come and visit me for a couple of days.

It was lovely to have her here, and to share some laughs and memories together as we spent my birthday evening making pea and ham soup and fresh crusty bread. (Trev was working) Mum enjoyed spending time with Luke and watching him navigate himself around the living room, clutching onto the furniture. I know that she wishes she could spend more time with her grandson, and he wishes he could spend more time with her!

We played outside some of the time, too.



And here's the pumpkin pie I made, to celebrate the beginning of a lovely season. I made it from a real pumpkin!
It was actually quite yummy, and Trev has requested another one! That is always a good sign.

2 comments:

Debs said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your mum - thats where she's been, I was wondering where she was! I've been looking for a good pea and ham soup - is yours a nice one? Could I get it from you please?? x

Saxon said...

well it looks like your having a drier autumn then we are.