Friday, September 19, 2008

You rock!

Here are a couple of 'crafts' I have done recently. At Trev's family reunion, many of the activities were honouring his late great-grandma, Olive Putnam. Apparently, she enjoyed decorating rocks with her children and grandchildren, so that was one of the crafts that we had the chance to try. I made a little nick nack for Luke's windowsill. It was very simple to make.





It is simply a flat stone, painted red (with acrylic paint). The letters are pre-cut foam shapes, as is the little caterpillar. I used a glue gun to attach red and green pom poms on top, and finally a pair of boogly eyes.


Very, very easy. And this would be something fun to do with children. Maybe we will be carrying on grandma Putnam's rock painting tradition! Tomorrow (or when I get time) I'll explain the magnets we made.

1 comment:

Saxon said...

that's really cool!