Friday, October 16, 2009

autumn fun, and hats.


Autumn is so beautiful. I've always loved it. I think I appreciate it even more now that it's pretty much the only time of year that the temperature is just right for being outside.

Yesterday we decided to make the most of a lovely, sunny afternoon, by getting out and enjoying a walk in the Logan Canyon. We originally planned to do an easy stroll along the riverside, but changed our minds and went for a more challenging hike up to the wind cave. It's a cool kind of rock arch, quite high up. Trev's friend Rajendra came with us, and we talked about the differences between American and Indian cultures. It was lovely.

Here we are near the beginning of the 2 mile trail.

Rajendra carried Luke for quite a bit of the way. He needed something to slow him down- his great long legs meant that one of his strides matched about 5 of ours (mine)


I carried Lainey for most of the way, but near the top, I just got so tired...I think you could barely even tell I was moving...so Trev took over for a while.


We made it! And yes I am a little red in the face. So out of shape. But we enjoyed gorgeous scenery from the top and were refreshed by a cool wind.



Look at these colours. Just beautiful. I just love the colour combinations that nature comes up with!





Okay, now let me just promise that I am not going to be a crazy hat lady who posts pictures of her hats every day. Just one last time, though... here are a few of my finished pieces.

This one is for a friend's baby. I used anew pattern and the sizing was off so the one pictured didn't fit the (week old) baby. I am making the next size up for her.



Just experimenting with colour here- what do you think? Okay, or too....clashy?


And this last one is extra warm because the yarn is a wool blend (but it's soft not itchy)



That's it for hats for a while. On to other things from my ever-growing list of stuff to try. How will I ever find time to try everything?

4 comments:

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

ok, LOVE that white hat with the red polka dot button. TOO cute!

The Obergs said...

Sian, I'm in love with all three of these hats. You are so crafty, how I wish I was. Maybe I could just pay you to make one for Hazel...

Janalee said...

I actually love all the hats.. The purple and red don't go together as well as other colors might. Sorry if that is a little too blunt. you asked though right?:) you are soooo talented lady ! I love your wind cave photos. That hike is awesome!

Debs said...

You hid your talents well! Didn't know you can knit too!! If you were still In Loughborough we'd use you for a Relief Society activity!!