Thursday, October 8, 2009

playgrounds with nanna!

At the end of September, we were blessed with a visit from my mum. She flew from Kansas, where she had been visiting my step-sister Jane and family. We were so excited to have her here and tried to make the most of it by getting out and doing some fun things.

We visited Logan's little zoo, which is one of Luke's favourite places. They have some little monkeys near the entrance, and as soon as Luke saw them he got a huge smile on his face and walked around clapping and laughing for a few minutes! Here you can see Luke and nanna trying to spot the turtles in the water-



There is a playground attached to the zoo, so we played there for a while.



In fact, the weather was so lovely that week, we spent quite some time on various playgrounds.









I will be posting more about my mum's visit, I am just breaking it down into smaller chunks. Both of the kids are poorly this week, so they need me more.
PS. The kids have quite a few 'grandmas' (Trev's grandmas and great-grandma are called their grandma as well) so that is why we chose to use the name 'nanna' for my mum. It's kind of an english term, so it fits perfectly, don't you think?

4 comments:

Saxon said...

Nanna is very english so I'd agree that it fits perfectly

Debs said...

Looks like you had a lovely time in lovely sunshine!! I bet your mum is missing you all! x

Nadia said...

It's always fun when family come to town. Glad that you had a fun time together.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Love their little expressions on the playground, what cuties!